Senior Mining Projects and Ventilation Engineer (Mining)
Senior Mining Projects and Ventilation Engineer.
Contract position in the mining sector in a remote and safe area of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Reports to the Mine Technical Services Manager. Single status position with a six day working week.
• A recognized Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil and or Mining
• 10 years + experience in mining environment.
• Knowledge of Mine Safety requirements
• Computer Literacy: MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, Ventilation modeling software (Ventsim Visual).
• English and French (an advantage) languages.
• Physically fit to handle long hours and demanding work schedule
• Full Clean Driving Licence.
• Attention to detail and analytical skills
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Able to direct and supervise the Mine Projects and Ventilation Team in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
• Ability to prepare sound mining projects and schedules for all current and future areas of operations based on a number of logical development options and for underground and open cast mining.
• Project, planning and budgeting skills.
• Provide a mentorship role to the national staff.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
• Annual salary up to US$150,000 (tax free), depending on skills and experience, plus benefits.
• Benefits: Bonus potential of 10-20%; Travel allowance; Accommodation and meals provided; 84 days annual leave (total days off site); Medical; Group Benefits Scheme, etc
Date: 25 October 2011
City/Town: Dem Rep of Congo (DRC)
Wage/Salary: Up to US$150K p.a. tax free plus benefits
Start: As soon as possible
Duration: Contract (renewable)
Type: Full Time
How to apply: Email detailed ENGLISH MS Word CV to Andre for consideration