Job Abroad – Principal Solution Architect, Texas, USA
Principal Solution Architect
Sabre Holdings connects people with the world’s greatest travel possibilities by retailing travel products and providing distribution and technology solutions for the travel industry through our three companies: Travelogue, Sabre Travel Network and Sabre Airline Solutions. Headquartered in South lake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 9,000 employees in more than 55 countries. Our teams around the world work together to support travelers, travel agents, corporations, government agencies and travel suppliers. Our team members are people who take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
· The engineer is responsible for providing support to the organization with a focus on stability and standards within the environment.
· The engineer provides technical and best practice expertise supporting the crafting of applications from an end to end perspective.
· The engineer interacts with key technical managers and software developers and validates the proposed technical architecture and solution with a specific focus on the ‘utilities’ of engineering: reliability, availability, scalability, recover ability, and interoperability.
· The engineer acts as a consultant and/or technical architect to perform analysis, provide guidance and infrastructure system solutions to meet customer and business requirements.
· The engineer oversees the development and implementation of program/customer level technical solution architecture, both hardware and software and provides expertise in third party products and technology trends.
· Assist project teams with escalation issues in conjunction with Operations to provide needed support for Sabre Critical Systems.
· Be able to handle key engineering initiatives (hardening and proactive engineering initiatives) in addition to supporting engineering activities in the critical systems.
· Encourage coordination and collaboration across functions and groups through various engineering led/facilitated forums (e.g. System Owners Meetings, stand-up meetings, various team meetings, etc.)
· Help diagnose issues and assist with testing the environment to ensure that applications are ready for production and in support of incidents. Includes but not limited to:
o Pressure Point Analysis
o Protect yourself and not harm others
o Meaningful instrumentation and monitoring
· Assist team when an incident occurs to help the team:
o Recover from the impact as quickly as possible
o Assist to determine root cause
o Recommend changes that will prevent the incident from reoccurring in the future
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree or equivalent, Masters degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 8 years related experience; Advanced computer software skills; Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously; ability to delegate work to subordinate or less experienced team members; proven leadership ability.
Information Technology Attributes
Analytical / Logical Reasoning: Uses reasoning to identify logical connections and conclusions.
· Uses reasoning to impose logical connections between seemingly unrelated data sources
· Helps others evaluate information and further define conclusions
· Assesses importance of missing critical information and acquires necessary data
· Systematically sorts through information to determine root causes of issues
· Interprets data to correctly define a problem and develops quality solutions
Business Acumen: Understands the business and uses information to make cost-effective decisions.
· Analyzes and assesses cost/financial/budget impact of decisions and solutions
· Considers multiple business factors (e.g., long-term and short-term impacts; organizational and financial consequences) when developing work plans, costs and time lines
· Develops the business case regarding technical alternatives/solutions
· Uses understanding of the business and products to identify technology enhancements and ensure optimal application of current technology
· Knows how businesses work and uses information to make cost-effective decisions
Effective Communication: Structures and conveys ideas and information, both verbally and in writing, in a way that brings about understanding.
· Practices attentive and active listening to ensure understanding
· Open to communication; is approachable and receptive
· Demonstrates effectiveness in a variety of presentation settings (e.g. one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, etc).
· Persuasively pr
Date: 15 July 2011
City/Town: Texas, USA
Type: Full Time
How to apply: email; telephone
Company: M. A. Grey
Contact: Jonathan Dizon